Friday, March 11, 2016

112 Days Until Manila

Hi everyone,

I'm really excited to announce that in 16 weeks I'll be headed to Manila to serve alongside the Nichols family and Redemptio Christian School! I am so blessed and privileged to have this amazing opportunity to learn more about missions firsthand, to see the work God is doing in Manila, and to grow physically, spiritually, and emotionally. 

It will be a little different from my last trip to Manila. Last time I had the opportunity to serve alongside my church in various ministries in metro Manila, but this time, I will just be traveling by myself to learn more about missions from the Nichols and to stretch myself and serve in whatever way God has planned. 

It will be my first time flying by myself anywhere, let alone overseas, and traveling alone is a little intimidating. I am a type A personality who is incredibly schedule-oriented and who likes to have things under control. However, after the two weeks spent in Manila two summers ago, I already know that missions requires flexibility, patience, and peace despite whatever alternative plans God has in store. This trip is huge and it's scary and unpredictable, but I'm excited to learn more about how to trust God tangibly, even when things are unfamiliar or out of my comfort zone. I know God will stretch me, and I pray that I will be ready for that stretching process. 

Words cannot describe how excited I am for this opportunity. Ever since that trip two years ago, long-term missions has really become engrained in my hopes for the future, and I hope this trip will be a stepping stone to help me learn about not only missions, but also God and serving others. Missions is part of God's heart, and I desire that it become a big part of mine as well. Please keep me in your prayers! Thank you! Salamat po.

No comments:

Post a Comment