Tuesday, August 13, 2013

I Met a Millionaire Today

I met a millionaire today.

A broken-hearted, scarred millionaire.

With family just dead, an abusive childhood, and alcohol fresh on her breath, she reeled at us. One second accusing us, finger out and pointing. Another second down on her knees, weeping, crying out to our Savior in heaven above for grace. 

And we were just three kids. Three kids with pamphlets, desiring to tell the world about Christ and His goodness. We were stunned. 

I can still feel her hand trembling in mine as she poured out her soul to Christ above, and I doubt that God can refuse such a prayer. 

Yet all I can do is hope. Hope we made a difference. Hope that that one millionaire, that one lady in a sea of thirsty people knows Christ. Because she really needs Him. Even her designer sunglasses or fancy Coach purse couldn't disguise the fact that here was someone broken. Someone in desperate need of Christ and His love and grace and mercy. 

I sit here and weep. I weep for her. I weep with her. I weep on behalf of her. Would you weep with me? 

Oh Christ, would you please have mercy? I don't even know her name, yet I saw the most broken part of her today. Would You be with her and show her Yourself? Provide her Your grace and strength and comfort. Enable her to live for You. And if she doesn't know you, if her prayer was in vain today, Lord, would you just open to her eyes? Show her Yourself. Be ever with her. Your will be done.

So that was my adventure story today. My first time meeting someone with so much money but with so much pain. 

Lord, I am so glad that You gave us the opportunity to meet this precious woman. What a beautiful gift. Let me never forget.

2 comments:

  1. wow. I almost went but decided I wanted to rest after the bike trip. now I'm kind of sorry I didn't...

    ReplyDelete
  2. we missed you!! callie and daniel met some other guy who talked about positive and negative energy. (:

    ReplyDelete