Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Day 12 - The Day I Got Lice and Other Prayer Requests

Hi friends and family,

Today has been a pretty crazy day. I woke up and had suspicions I had lice which Ellie later confirmed, so I had to do a shampoo treatment today. Yet I don't regret a single thing. I don't regret loving the children and holding them in my lap and giving them hugs and playing with them, and lice is a small price to pay for being able to love them this week. So I don't feel too stressed about it.

Also please keep Redemptio and the Nichols in your prayers. They are in the process of building another school in Floodway, but there's a bit of difficulty with the contractor who hasn't started building as planned. In addition, they are about to sign the papers for another school property in Antipolo near another squatter community, and they hope to begin the process of renovating and cleaning up the building so they can expand Redemptio. Please keep the school in your prayers as they continue to expand and share God's love with the poorest of the poor. Pray for the process, that everything would go smoothly and that God will continue to provide.

Today I had the opportunity to visit a street girls camp briefly, and hearing about the girls really was impactful. They usually stay for two nights, and the first night they arrive they're usually high on drugs. They get fed and sleep until the next morning. Then the second day they usually have a program of some sort and they leave the third day. We arrived midday and got to talk to some of the girls for a little while before meeting the Booker family who runs that ministry. One girl in particular, Mae Mae, was super sweet and showed us around the camp and was very eager to talk to us.

Please pray for that ministry as well, that God would touch lives with the kindness and grace poured out upon some of the world's neediest teens. Pray for the missionaries who serve there, that God would grant them patience and wisdom.

The next two days I'm spending at Redemptio and I'm so excited to see the kids again and be able to interact with them.

Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment