Tuesday, July 5, 2016

Day 5 - Second Day at Redemptio

Dear family and friends,

Today was such a special day. I used some of the money from Living Hope to buy Happy Meals for all 40 of the kids at Redemptio and you should've seen their faces when they opened up the boxes and saw fried chicken and rice and gravy. Their faces literally lit up, and the teachers said that for some of the students, they had never had McDonlds before.

I had such a great time today, serving them food, watching them open their Happy Meal toys, helping  them make their craft which they loved, reading them stories, and playing "tag" and catch with them. The kids are so precious and so sweet. It's impossible not to smile when you're with them because they each have such beautiful smiles and it really is heartwarming to spend time with them. Even though I'm very excited to see the other ministries here, I will miss them all so much. Time really flies while I'm there! The teachers there (Teacher Lisa and Teacher Olive) are doing a phenomenal job loving and teaching the pre-k and kinder students. Please keep the students at Redemptio in our prayers as well as the staff!!

Tomorrow the president announced a national holiday due to Ramadan, I believe, so there won't be school. I might help resort books at Redemptio and spend a relaxing afternoon with some of the girls here. On Thursday through Saturday, I will be staying at an orphanage 3-4 hours from here, and on Monday-Tuesday, I will be staying at a street girls camp. I think out of everything,

I could use the most prayer for the street girls' camp just because the girls will be older, in their teens. It's a lot easier  to work with little ones and make them laugh, but it's a little harder to reach across the language barrier to those who are slightly older. Please pray that God will give me the right words to say when I'm with them, and that I will be able to share God's love with them, despite a little apprehension. I am excited though to see what God is doing through both ministries, and I am thankful to be here.

Happy 4th to those back home,
Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment