Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Day 13 - Redemptio

Dear friends and family,

Today was my last whole day here, and my last day visiting the first prek and kinder classes. Tomorrow I plan to drop by the second prek class before heading to the airport. I'll really miss each and every child at Redemptio, each little girl with their cute braids and pink hair ribbons and the little guys with their gelled up hair. They make me laugh.

Making children smile is one of the most rewarding things in the world. I will forever remember their names, their unique personalities, their amazing smiles. I have a ton of pictures and even more memories.

One little girl whose face sticks with me is Princess, the little toddler at the orphanage. My heart goes out to her because she was starting to get more attached to me when we were able to leave. She is such a sweetheart and she really is a little princess, and more than anything, it's my prayer that she is able to go to a family who loves her and she can one day know her Heavenly Father. I miss her so much.

One of the songs the kids at Redemptio sang today was:


It's about you, it's about me

It's about the truth that sets us free
It's about L-O-V-E, love
From the Father up above
It's about hope, it's about life
It's about the love of Jesus Christ
It's about everlasting, never-failing love

It almost made me cry to see kids who grow up with literally nothing sing about God's love for them. Some of them don't have parents who take care of them, daily meals, electricity or running water, toys, etc and some have never left the squatter community they live in. But they were singing about God's love and how God loves them unfailingly. He treasures each one of them. He knows their names and He has the best plan in mind for them. He loves them more than I or anyone on earth could and I trust Him with each of their lives. 

Father, watch over each one of them and draw them close to You. 

I've had a wonderful time getting to stay with the Nichols family and work at Redemptio and see various other ministries. I love this country and I love the children I got to meet, and it has been incredible to see God work and to be used by Him. Missions and working with children is dear to my heart, and I am forever thankful for the past two weeks. I have so many great memories bottled up inside me, and I'm excited to fly home and see you all.

Love,
Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment